We are so glad you are interested in The Crowden School for grades three through eight!
Children who love music have a home here at The Crowden School.
At Crowden, we provide an engaging and transformative academic education with chamber music at the core. The best way to learn more about Crowden is to schedule a visit! Fill out the online inquiry form and we will get in touch to schedule a visit so you can see for yourself what makes The Crowden School such a special place.
I hope to meet you soon!
Programs and Admissions Manager
2020–21 School Year Application Deadlines:
Early-bird Deadline: December 13, 2019
Regular Application Deadline: January 13, 2020
There is nothing like spending time on our campus and seeing our students actively engaged with learning, whether they are making music or solving equations, discussing books, or playing basketball. Please fill out a contact form and we will contact you to schedule your tour. You may also reach our admissions office directly at 510.559.6910 x122 or email@example.com.
Learn more about our academic and music programs for grades 3-8, see teaching materials, meet members of our faculty and current parents.
2019–20 Admissions Info Sessions
- Saturday, October 12, 2019 Admissions Info Session 10:30am-12:00pm
- Sunday, October 20, 2019 Admissions Info Session during Community Music Day (10:00am-3:00pm)
- Friday, October 25, 2019 Admissions Info Session 5:00pm-6:30pm
- Friday, November 8, 2019 Admissions Info Session 5:00pm-6:30pm
- Monday, November 11, 2019 Open House 8am-3:30pm (School Tour 9:15am-10:45am)
- Saturday, January 18, 2020 Admissions Info Session 10:30am-12:00pm
- Friday, January 24, 2020 Admissions Info Session 5:00pm-6:30pm
Drop in to any admissions info session or Open House, no RSVP needed!
Join us for a free concert and see our supportive Crowden community in action.
- Sunday, October 20, 2019 Community Music Day 10:00am –3pm
- Friday, October 25, 2019 Lower School Evening of Music 6:30pm
- Friday, November 8, 2019 Upper School Evening of Music 6:30
- Friday, January 24, 2020 Basically Baroque Concert 6:30pm
- Submit an Application
- Student for a Day
- Submit Teacher Recommendation
- Send Transcripts
- Audition and Exam
Please submit your application along with the non-refundable application fee.
Early-bird Deadline: December 13, 2019 (reduced fee $50)
Regular Application Deadline: January 13, 2020 ($75 fee)
For financial aid applicants: The Crowden School uses FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment to process financial aid applications. All applications must be submitted electronically through the FACTS website.
Crowden will inform you of spring exam and audition dates, once your completed application form has been received.
Music Audition: We ask applicants to play a short piece (less than two minutes) of their choice that best shows off their current musical level. Our Director of Music and other members of the music faculty will listen and may ask a few questions. An ear training test may also be given.
Entrance Examination: The written exam consists of sections on English, math, and music theory. No portion of the test is timed, but completing all parts usually takes between two and three hours. The music theory portion is given to assess each student's current level and admission to the school is not based on proficiency. Pencils and scratch paper will be provided and an exam proctor will be available to answer any questions.