Sundays @ Four: Audrey Vardanega & Peter Myers
Crowden presents Sundays @ Four, our series of low-cost, family friendly concerts featuring distinguished chamber musicians. Artists speak about each work and share their personal observations in these intimate concerts. As always at Crowden, children under 18 attend free.
Sunday, December 11, 2022 @ 4pm
Audrey Vardanega, piano (Crowden School ’09)
Peter Myers, cello
A Crowden School Alumni Concert!
Crowden School alumna pianist Audrey Vardanega plays “with the kind of freedom, authority, and strength… that one expects from the world’s finest pianists” (The Piedmont Post). Don’t miss this much anticipated return to her home stage here at Crowden with internationally acclaimed cellist Peter Myers!
- Janáček selections from On an Overgrown Path for solo piano
- Chopin Polonaise-Fantasie, Op. 61
- Britten Irish Folk Songs for Cello and Piano
- Sheng selections from Seven Tunes Heard in China for solo cello
- Mamiya selections from Five Finnish Folk Songs for Cello and Piano
- Bartók Romanian Folk Dances for Cello and Piano
- de Falla Suite Populaire Espagnole for cello and piano
Free Meet-the-Artists Reception after the concert!
$25 general admission, $20 seniors/students 18+, and free for children under 18
HEALTH AND SAFETY PRECAUTIONS:
All guests must wear masks. This event is subject to change to comply with all public health guidelines.
The health and safety of our artists, audiences, staff, and community are our top priority. Crowden adheres to all CDC guidelines and local policies, and continues to closely monitor information from public health officials. Please be aware that these safety protocol may change, and that Crowden will communicate additional details if necessary. Please contact us with any additional questions.